Friday, November 1, 2013

SkADaMo 2013 - Day 1

Who doesn't love a creative challenge? And for some masochistic reason, November is loaded with them, just in time for the holidays. There's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and PiBoWriMo (a picture book idea a day), and now, thanks to Linda Silvestri, we have SkADaMo. The challenge is to create a sketch a day for a month. So I'm in! Anyone care to join me?

I spent today at the Great Lakes Bioneers Conference downtown (environmentalism is my other passion), which inspired this first sketch. Kids and nature, that's what makes the world go round, right?

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! How cute! I love fall, but I love the thoughts of spring this sketch conjures for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined the SkADaMo challenge too Janet... I shall enjoy seeing everyone elses work throughout the month. It is like sharing a studio and doing a warm-up drawing exercise together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing it too (oh, so is June!) I think it is great. Nice to see your summery little gal Janet... brrrr, none of that here til next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch. Yes a very busy month, each year I find out about new challenges to do. I have joined in this on this year too. Look forward to seeing how things progress.

    ReplyDelete