First Day Jitters

(click on the image to enlarge)

"Don't worry, you'll make new friends." That's what I always told my kids when they were disappointed not to see any familiar names on a class list.  And they always did make new friends. Whether by sharing a toy or a giggle over something silly, most kids are natural friend-makers.  The other day out walking the dog, I met a little boy who was eager to show me the monster truck on his sweatshirt.  Instant friend.

It seems to get a little trickier as we get older, doesn't it?  I'm always nervous walking into a room full of new people.  Especially if they all seem to know each other.  How will I fit in? What will I say? Maybe I should get a monster truck sweatshirt.

Comments

  1. Hi Janet,

    I just wanted to tell you how much I like your illustrations. And your sketch-a-day is a great idea that I am thinking about doing myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment