Don't Break the Chain!


A little while ago I celebrated a big birthday (nevermind how big. It's not polite to ask) and I decided to use the opportunity to make a resolution, since I was a little sloppy in the resolution department last January. I had recently read about Jerry Seinfeld's secret to productivity, and I'd been wanting to give it a try. You can read about it here. Basically, he says to get a calendar with all the days on one sheet. Then for every day you complete your task, which in his case is writing comedy, you get to make a big red X on the date. Eventually, you have a chain of red X's. In my case, my goal is to make a drawing from my imagination every day. And the X's are purple. I like purple. So I've been doing this, and it's been great. Sometimes I almost forget, and I'm tired and just want to go to sleep, and I can't think of anything to draw, but I don't want to break the chain, so I draw something. Even if it's just a kid trying to think of what to draw. Or a bug.

I even came up with an idea for my spring promo art this way. (More about that later. )

Comments