Monday, March 23, 2009
Words and Pictures
Here's a portion of another collage I did in Laura's class (only a portion because of my dinky scanner). The assignment was to put the character we created earlier in a setting and have that character show a different emotion. It's amazing how this simple assignment got the wheels spinning, churning up story ideas. After several false starts, I've got a plot outline I'm really excited about now. The hard part is coming up with the words to turn that outline into a rip-roaring good story. I usually do alright building the tension toward the climax of the conflict, but it's SO tricky to create a convincing and satisfying resolution. Still, I'm loving the challenge -- so far.